afterwhat

afterwhat

Imaginary Girls - Nova Ren Suma I'm not sure what to say about this book. It's haunting, beautifully written, really an expertly crafted novel that, for the story it tells, is probably close to perfect. But I didn't really like it. I ended the book still as confused as when I started it. I loved a lot of the ideas, the imagery, and the whole picture of a town flooded to make a reservoir still sitting, silent beneath calm waters, waiting to add to its populace by pulling foolish teenagers under.

My reservations are that there was no resolution. For some people, that's okay, preferred even. It keeps you thinking about a book for days and weeks after you've finished it. But I...well, I'm a person that feels deeply cheated when an episode of Dateline ends without somebody wearing an orange jumpsuit, you know? I want to know what was going on with Ruby. Was Chloe losing her mind, imagining everything? And seriously, what was the deal with London? There were virtually no questions answered, and I found that so frustrating.