afterwhat

afterwhat

Anna Dressed in Blood - Kendare Blake Cas is a ghost hunter. He's a teenager, yeah, and he goes to high school, and he has a mom who's actually a witch, but pretty much the most important thing in his life is ghost hunting. It's what all of his ancestors did, and it's how his dad died. Cas is pretty single-minded in his pursuit of ghost killings, and he doesn't let anything get in his way--no friends, no girls, no pesky relationships of any kind. But this time, everything's different. This time, the ghost doesn't try to kill him. This time, he makes friends. This time, Cas's emotions might actually interfere with a kill.

Mmmm, I liked this book. I liked the humor, the pop culture references, and the characters. I loved Anna, strong and dark and deadly. I loved Cas's voice. My fella and I are currently on season 5 of watching every episode ever of Supernatural, and I think it was last year that we watched every episode every of Buffy, and this book made me feel like I was in on the joke. I think I liked that better than the story. Also, I love the cover like mad. Gorgeous.