afterwhat

afterwhat

Kiss Me Deadly: 13 Tales of Paranormal Love - Trisha Telep, Maggie Stiefvater, Becca Fitzpatrick, Rachel Vincent, Karen Mahoney, Diana Peterfreund, Daniel Waters, Carrie Ryan, Justine Musk, Daniel Marks, Sarah Rees Brennan, Michelle Rowen, Michelle Zink, Caitlin Kittredge I didn't actually read the whole book, so rating it seems unfair, but the parts I did read were, you know, better than average. The big problem here is that I hate books of short stories. I know, it's not fair, and I actually do enjoy some individual short stories, but I'm just not ever going to read an entire book of short stories all the way through. When I put it down, there's no reason to pick it back up, because I'm not continuing a plot.

This book, I read The Assassin's Apprentice, Errant, The Spirit Jar, Hare Moon, and The Hounds of Ulster. I really liked Errant, which surprised me because I didn't like Rampant, and it was not only by the same author (Diana Peterfreund), but was also set in the same universe. I also liked Hare Moon, which was not a surprise because it was by Carrie Ryan and set in her Forest of Hands and Teeth 'verse, and I love those books. The others were okay, but not fantastic, and I guess, basically, 30 pages isn't long enough for me to care enough about the story to love it. So I reacted to the ones that I already had background for.

General dislike of short stories: yet another tragic flaw.