afterwhat

afterwhat

I Know It's Over - C.K. Kelly Martin Nick. Nick wants a simple summer. An uncomplicated, spontaneous summer. What he gets instead, is Sasha. Sasha has a plan for hre life, a family who has a plan for her life, and neither she nor her family has room in those plans for a serious relationship. A sexual relationship. But Nick wants that, of course. Nick's a teenage boy. But he's also a teenage boy in love, seriously in love, and he wants Sasha more than he wants sex.

And then things get complicated.

What I liked most about this book was Nick. He's the narrator, and he's...he's just right, I think. He's feels genuine as a teenage boy, with all the hormones and concerns and desires, and he's not the nicest teenage boy--except where Sasha's concerned. And in the end, really, he's a really, really nice guy to Sasha.

The story was a little meh, for me. I didn't love the book, but I did like it. There aren't many teenage pregnancy novels that go the abortion route, and to see one from the point of view of the boy, well, that's different. Pretty nifty, really.