afterwhat

afterwhat

Possessed - Kate Cann Rayne lives in a tiny apartment in London slum with her mother and baby brother. She has a boyfriend who...seems shady, although he never actually does anything bad. She hates, uh, you know, urban life, so she gets a job in the country at the creepiest, most haunted house ever. And then she starts cheating on her boyfriend (which is totally understandable, because he...seems shady) with the hottest, creepiest guy ever. She loves everything about her job and the country, except for how creepy everything is. And then things are wrapped up, except nothing is resolved, the end.

I didn't realize how little I actually liked this book until I typed up that summary. It went fast, the writing didn't call attention to itself, it was indeed creepy, and I wanted to keep reading. Oh, and it was all British-y, and that's kind of neat, right? But on reflection, it was unoriginal and kind of lame. So. I don't know. This is not an un-recommendation, but I guess I'd be kind of embarrassed to actually recommend this to someone (which, by the way, is not the same thing at all as "Suggest", which I would not hesitate to do with this book for anyone looking for a creepy, ghosty, britishy story!).