afterwhat

afterwhat

The Truth About Forever - Sarah Dessen Ever since Macy watched her dad die, she's been trying her hardest to be perfect; her boyfriend, Jason, is perfect, and while he's away at Brain Camp for the summer, he tells Macy that he wants a break. And a break--maybe a breakdown, as it turns out--is exactly what Macy needs. She shirks her responsibilities at her summer library job (which is the perfect job for a college application) in favor of a messy catering job with messy co-workers, who become messy friends. But can Macy deal with all the mess? What about her mother, who also tries to be perfect and does it by working constantly, by never resting, by forgetting to eat? Can she deal with a messy Macy?

This, I don't know. It wasn't that I didn't like the book, but I didn't feel compelled to pick it back up when I put it down. The characters were all right, but it was missing a little something--I didn't feel like I could really relate to Macy, which is what the entire book hinged on, really.